One last January Saturday

Leave a Comment
I managed to hit Lidls by 8.30 am which I haven't done for a long time, I must say.

On a tight budget and trying to use up a lot of stored and frozen stuff this week, so kept it low, but oh! the joy! the seeds were in. It would be rude to buy none, wouldn't it? Even though the seed tin of shame is overflowing as usual.

We had a list of errands around town, most of which I sabotaged by forgetting something. Near the top of the list was refilling my ecover washing up liquid bottle. Which I left on the draining board. With the shopping list.

I popped into the wool shop (you know where this is going, don't you?) to buy some short 3mms. The natural nativity is progressing as if to be ready by next Christmas, but it is dull knitting Joseph's scarf or the donkey's legs on great long needles.

I came out with some gorgeous beech wood double pointed needles and sock wool. There you go.

'A bit of batch cooking' seemed to take up the rest of the day - chick pea casserole, macaroni and cheese, this and that, ready for a busy work week.

Cheese and lentil loaf for supper as well, and then by 7 pm I was installed in front of the fire, with the sock wool.

Spring will be here soon enough, with seeds to plant, and sheep to halter train, and chickens to hatch. One long evening in front of the fire knitting socks can't be all bad.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Follow Me on Pinterest