Another Garden Club and a House on a Hill

1 comment
This seems to have been a  month or more of general illness and yuckiness
I went from a major cold/flu/viral thing straight into a crippling session of aches and pains, on into a nicely time IBS flare up and now back into a cold - yes, the sore throat and cough are back.
I know I'm run down. I know I'm designed to live outdoors and when ever I live indoors I get sick. I know my immune system is not up to much at the moment, but SERIOUSLY? This has to be the fourth cold in as many months.

Garden club last night was another triumph of a lecture on science in the garden, although the highly qualified horticultural prof (echoes of Rosemary and Thyme for those with similar trash TV habits to my own.) who began early on with a story about how we shouldn't really use plastic as it was an environmental disaster, proceeded to feature I would guess about 80% products and innovations which involved plastic.

The tea tasted of mouse droppings as usual, and Mr P shared some priceless nuggets  of gossip. There was debate over whether the little pub in our village (not the main village, we are the outlyers, the marsh dwellers, the hamlet people. We are very much Larkrise to their Candleford) has new managers or not, and a great deal of worthwhile information about the current situation of the previous managers.

Tonight I came home with a mountain of work, only some of which I have cleared, and accidentally watched the episode of Grand Designs featuring Simon and Jasmine Dale again, and now I am in bed planning to run away with my husband, the dogs, the chickens, my seed stash and all my wolf tools, and just find a place to live at peace on the land.

Not quite sure about the format I've found it for you in, I hope it plays for you. I hope it inspires ...

Can't work out how to embed it just now so here's a link




1 comments:

mel said...

i've bookmarked the video for a time when i can binge on someone else's wifi. :)

i love your garden club updates...you have a knack for capturing the mood of village gatherings. tea like mouse droppings. brilliant. not really, but you know what i mean. ;)

i'm indulging daily in the running-away-with-family-in-tow fantasy. i wish i was exaggerating.

funnily-not-funnily...i'm reading The Moneyless Man by Mark Boyle - do you know it? anyway, not in the interests of being money-less but it's bringing a whole new perspective on living with less and the philosophies entailed therein. very inspiring and making me want to take some pretty huge leaps.

xoxoxo

Powered by Blogger.
Follow Me on Pinterest